Carie Marsh Ehrenborg
- Adoption Subsidy Matters
- Child Welfare/Juvenile Court Matters
Adoptions are emotional, sensitive, and intensely complex matters. The process is laden with rules and laws and, is a paramount life decision. I strive to provide compassion while advocating through the process. Each client and case is unique. I aspire respectfully meet the individual needs of each client.
I am a Solo practitioner focusing on Adoption and Child Welfare Law. I was an Assistant City Prosecutor from 1993-1998, with a brief stint as a defense attorney. I was a Staff Attorney from 1998-2004, where my responsibilities included counseling and representing the Adoptions Department. I opened my law practice in 2004, and have focused on adoptions and child welfare cases. My clients are varied, in that I represent prospective adoptive parents, expectant/birth parents, and some adoption agencies. A portion of my practice involves adoption subsidy negotiations.
Having my own practice has afforded me the flexibility to be available for my family, while still caring for my clients.
I travel the entire State of Ohio to represent clients.
Current Employment Position
- Solo Practitioner
- Franklin County Children Services, Staff Attorney, 1998 to 2004
- Columbus City Prosecutor's Office, Assistant City Prosecutor, 1993 to 1998
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Columbus Bar Association, Member, Present
Classes & Seminars
- Adoption Legal Training, Caring For Kids, Inc., 2012 to Present
- Adoption From Foster Care, Nationwide Children's Hospital, 2013 to Present
- Adoption From Foster Care, National Youth Advocate Center, 2016 to Present
- Adoption Legal Training, Bethany Christian Services, 2016 to 2019
- Ohio, 1993
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- Capital University, Bexley, Ohio
- B.S. - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- National Adoption Day, Franklin County, Ohio, 2004 to Present
- Goods & Better, Brand Representative